Rubber products enjoy more usage today as they are being used in different industries for different purposes. It is the excellent characteristics of rubber grommets that make them suitable for their use in different fields. Rubber grommets are available in different shapes, sizes, and designs. One can easily see different rubber grommets in everyday routine.
Different Materials Used for Producing Various Shapes of Rubber Grommets
Before we throw light on the different characteristics of rubber grommets, we must tell you that different types of rubber materials are used to produce different rubber grommets. The popular materials used for making rubber grommets are Nitrile rubber, Natural rubber, Neoprene, Silicone, and fluoro rubber.
The various shapes of rubber grommets available are round grommets, oval grommets, square grommets, blind hole grommets, and special shape grommets. In comparison to other types, rubber grommets enjoy more demand at a global level in different industries.
Characteristics of Rubber Grommets
There are certain characteristics of rubber grommets that make them suitable for their usage in different sectors. Here is a list of characteristics of rubber grommets due to which they are fit to use for different purposes:
- High Tensile Strength – Rubber grommets have a high tensile strength due to which they don’t break easily.
- High Elasticity – It is the high elasticity of rubber grommets that make them highly useful in different industries. They can be elongated up to a long length before they break.
- Temperature Tolerance – Rubber grommets can bear very high temperature and it makes them suitable for applications involving high temperatures. They are not easily affected by the negative effects of UV light.
- More Durability – Rubber grommets possess high durability and they don’t get cracked with ease.
- Economical to Use – Rubber grommets are more economical to use and it makes them suitable for various applications. It is easy and quick to install rubber grommets than other alternatives.
- Weather Resistant – Rubber grommets are weather-resistant due to which they sustain different weather conditions without breaking.
- High Abrasion Resistance – They possess high abrasion resistance and they don’t wear away easily due to friction or rubbing.
- Better Ergonomics – Rubber grommets are ergonomically better because one doesn’t need to manually screw them into place.
- Resistant to Acids – They are resistant to various acids such as phosphoric, hydrochloric, sulfuric, and Saltpeter acid.
- Suitable for Restricted Space – Rubber grommets are suitable for usage in restricted space and it is one of the major reasons for their rising demand at a global level.