Bible is a holy book followed by many. People may or may not preach every verse by heart, but you will surely find a lot of people believing in those ideologies. Here also, we will talk about one such preach that Bible tells you about – hunting.
People do hunting for sport. For them, it is a great source of entertainment. For example there is a proper season of dove hunting in Argentina. But is it right or wrong? Many people believe it to be a sin, but many enjoy it to the core. We will leave the decision of right or wrong to your own conscience.
According to Bible, hunting is not really a sin. Let’s have a look at some quotes and verses from Bible that relate to Hunting.
- Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything. – Genesis 9:3
- Any one also of the people of Israel, or of the strangers who sojourn among them, who takes in hunting any beast or bird that may be eaten shall pour out its blood and cover it with earth. – Leviticus 17:13
- Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel. – Proverbs 12:10
- Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me, – Genesis 27:3
- Whoever is slothful will not roast his game, but the diligent man will get precious wealth. – Proverbs 12:27
- He was a mighty hunter before the Lord. Therefore it is said, “Like Nimrod a mighty hunter before the Lord.” – Genesis 10:9
- As soon as Isaac had finished blessing Jacob, when Jacob had scarcely gone out from the presence of Isaac his father, Esau his brother came in from his hunting. – Genesis 27:30
- And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” – Acts 10:13
- Does a bird fall in a snare on the earth, when there is no trap for it? Does a snare spring up from the ground, when it has taken nothing? – Amos 3:5
- Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” – Genesis 1:26
These were some of the verses you will find in Bible that relate to hunting.