Hanukkah or Chanukah, the festival of lights, deserve special Hanukkah wishes to be sent across to all near and dear ones. However you want to pronounce it, it is celebrated to remember the rededication of the Jewish temple. So, celebrate the spirit of this festival with all your friends and family. In this article, you will find a lot of Hanukah greetings and wishes, which you can send to your closed ones by writing on a card or sending across the Internet.
What is Hanukkah and why is it celebrated?
This is a Jewish festival, celebrated with lots of lights. Its history dates back to around 160 BC when Maccabees led the revolt against the Seleucid Empire in Jerusalem. After this Jewish rebellion, the temple was re-dedicated for the victory of Maccabees. Hanukkah is derived from a Hebrew word, meaning “to dedicate.” And on this day, the Maccabean Jews gained back the control of Jerusalem and rededicated the temple. Hence, it came to be known all around the world as Hanukkah.
The whole event lasted for eight long days, due to which this festival is now celebrated all across for eight days. The fighting stopped on the 25th day of Kislev, after which the festival begins. This day can come anytime from late November to late December according to the Hebrew calendar. Also known as Festival of lights, or Feast of Dedication, people gather in large numbers to remember their ancestors and celebrate this festival.
Hanukkah Wishes and Greetings
The appropriate way to wish someone Happy Hanukkah is to say “Hanukkah Sameach” (Happy Hanukkah), or “Chag Sameach” (Happy Holiday). Check out some of the following Hanukkah wishes to share with your loved ones all over the world. You will find some of the best greetings here. So just grab a card, pick one on the wishes and write it down to give to your friends and family.
- May God bless you with health, wealth and happiness this Hanukkah season.
- Hanukkah is not just a festival of lights and dedication; it is also a festival of love, happiness, and blessings. May you get all of these this Hanukkah.
- I pray for this festival of lights to also continue its shine on you. Happy Hanukkah.
- May this Hanukkah bless you with lots of friends. I wish you celebrate this festival with all the near and dear ones.
- May the Menorah candles also shine upon your life. May all your sorrows vanish in this light.
- May these eight days of celebration give you warmth and happiness for the rest of your life.
- This Hanukkah, may you be blessed with the spirituality over materialism, and love over hatred.
- Just remember the big miracle this festival represents and don’t lose hope in your sadness. Happy Hanukkah.
- May the lights of Hanukkah also guide you towards the best path for your future and a road to eternal bliss.
- May God shower your household with lights and colors these eight days of Hanukkah. Wish you a pleased new year ahead.
- May this festival of lights bring you happy times. May this feast of dedication also dedicates your life towards a noble cause.
- Spin the dreidel and light the candle. The festival of Hanukkah is finally here. Happy Hanukkah.
- This festival, celebrate the freedom and miracle that Hanukkah represents. May God bless your family.
- May you hold the spirit of Hanukkah forever in your hearts. May you get all the happiness and joy in your life.
- Wishing you and your family a very Happy Hanukkah. May your children receive lots of chocolates and sweets all these eight days of celebration.
- This is the day to bask in the love of God. This is the day to remove all the pain and hatred and embrace everybody with warmth and love. Happy Hanukkah.
- May these eight days of festival bring you all that you wish. Wishing you and your family best wishes from all of us. Happy Hanukkah.
- May this festival of lights lighten each of your wishes’ candle. And may each candle bring you warmth and happiness. Wish you a thrilled Hanukkah.
- Hanukkah is here. It is time to stop now, look back at all the good that happened to you, and thank God for all you received.
- May God bless you with happiness and success, not just this Hanukkah season, but for all the coming years too.
- May the blessings of our ancestors follow you through all your thick and thins. Wish you a joyous Hanukkah season.
- May the lights of Menorah candles fill up your home. May you welcome the bright light and happy sunshine with open arms. Happy Hanukkah to you and your family.
- Sing the dreidel songs. Eat delicious dishes. And begin the celebrations of the miracle of Hanukkah. Happy Festival to you.
- Hanukkah brings with itself freedom, miracles, happiness, love and much more. May your home be filled with all of these this Hanukkah season.
- Forget all your worries this Hanukkah season. Just remember how powerful Lord’s love is. Bless you and your family with all the love in the world.
- We are sending our warmest wishes to you. May this Hanukkah festival brings you lots of love and may all your wishes be fulfilled.
- We all are God’s children. So let’s get together and celebrate his power with lots of love and happiness. Happy Hanukkah to you.
- As another year comes to an end, let’s be thankful to God for all the beautiful things he provided us this year. Wish you a very warm Hanukkah season.
- No matter how many ups and downs you face in your life. Just remember, in all of the phases, God has been there by your side. Wish you a pleased Hanukkah.
- This Hanukkah, remember the miracle of Menorah, that even though the oil was supposed to burn for just one day. It flashed for eight long days. May you also receive lots of miracles this season.
- May this holiday season brings you lots of happiness. May these eight days be the best times of your life. Happy Hanukkah.
- Today, rejoice in the love of God. Today, there is no pain and suffering. The Hanukkah has finally begun.
- Nothing in this season of Hanukkah is more beautiful than hearing children sing out Dreidel songs. May God also bless your household with joy and laughter of so many children.
- The festival is around your corner. Prepare yourself for the biggest fight coming. Play dreidel with the children and find out who wins most of the candies. Happy Hanukkah to you and your family.
- Have faith in God for miracles to happen. This Hanukkah season is a very symbol in itself of God’s grace. Have faith and keep loving. Happy Hanukkah.
- The Hanukkah is full of magic. And the most significant magic blessed by this festival is our family and friends. May you celebrate this Hanukkah with all your loved ones.
- May this Hanukkah make your house overflowing with love and laughter. May you be always blessed with these and more.
- This Hanukkah, remind yourself that you are loved. Renew yourself with faith and hope. Happy Hanukkah to you.
- Spin the dreidel, light the candle. This Hanukkah, win all battles. Have a happy and joyous Hanukkah season.
- Wishing you and your family with the warmest greetings for this Hanukkah season. May you have a delighted festival and a happy new year ahead.
- Hope this season brings you lots of fun and happiness. Wishing you a joy-filled Hanukkah.
- May you receive lots of gifts this Hanukkah season. And may all the offerings consist of what you sincerely desire. Wish you a happy festival.
- May the holy spirit of Hanukkah be by your side for the coming year ahead. Happy Hanukkah and a Happy New Year.
- Happiness comes from every little thing. So these eight days, find happiness in each and everything, and you will become the happiest person on earth. Happy Hanukkah.